Wednesday 3 November 2010

Cloth Collection Exhibition

Today I have finished putting up my solo exhibition of textile work.
The exhibition is called Cloth Collection and guess what its about - yes CLOTH !
What else could you expect from a textile lover?
Heres a few photos for you to peruse.






Cloth Collection is essentially about Cloth - which we take so much for granted every day of our lives. But it can have this amazing presence and is so important to us in all its guises.
Some of the 14 pieces are simply a look at how we manipulate and decorate fabrics and other pieces are personal reflections and recollections of cloth that has been part of my own life. One of my aims for the work was to enable the viewer - you, to remember perhaps long forgotten memories about your own lives through cloth.





The exhibition is on for one month 2nd Nov - 2nd Dec at UCMK, University Centre MIlton Keynes, Bucks, UK. The private view is on Thursday 11th Nov 6.30. So if you get the chance please come along.
And of course I had to include a very ART Art doll.

3 comments:

stitch4stitch textiles said...

Wished I lived nearer to visit your exhibition, looks vey interesting.

Penny said...

What a wonderful exhibition. Wish I could 'cross the pond' to see it!!

A home sewn, recycled,vintage life said...

Sally your exhibition is really great, I am looking forward to seeing it again when I man the refreshment station. You have inspired me to attempt one myself.
luv
hay